BY MICHAEL J. RUDOLF
Wyoming County Press Examiner
A 40-year-old Mehoopany man had charges sent to court for the alleged rape of five juveniles over a three-year period.
Vincent Antonello Clark, of RR 1 Box 146, Mehoopany, had the charges against him held over for court at a preliminary hearing on Friday, Dec. 18, before Magisterial District Judge John Hovan.
Clark faces five counts each of rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, aggravated indecent assault, statutory sexual assault, indecent assault and corruption of minors, among other charges.
He remains in the Wyoming County Correctional Facility in lieu of $610,000 bail.
Clark was arrested on Jan. 17 after police interviewed three victims at the Pegasus Children's Advocacy Center in Carbondale earlier in the day.
According to the police affidavit, on Friday evening, the children's mother called state police to report that her children, between the ages of 5 and 8, had been assaulted by Clark from 2006 to 2009.
The woman told police that the children informed her that Clark played sex games with them while in a car.
Police interviewed the children, who gave detailed accounts of the alleged assaults.
Police took Clark into custody at his home. When he was questioned, he denied the accusations and said the children were lying. Clark then asked for an attorney, and police ended their questioning.
During the police investigation of the initial charges, more allegations came to light involving two other children ages 10 and 11. They reported they were assaulted by Clark during the same time period. Additional charges were filed on Jan. 26.
No date has been set for Clark's court appearance yet.